Saturday, January 29, 2011

Most recent presentation and what next

January 26th - Glynn A Green in Pelham was a fun school to speak at. 200 energetic kids gathered in the gym which the staff had prepared for my arrival. I don't think I have ever had such a quiet audience as the children from Grade 4 to 8 sat listening intently and reacting delightfully to images of down covered albatross chicks and youthful elephant seals.

At the end of the presentation I was surrounded by kids eagerly awaiting to ask their question or share their own story. One young lady told me of her dream to become a vet, another friendly fellow told me of a young Tree swallow he rescued and took in his care.
It is in our nature to be drawn towards the natural environment, to connect with it and care for it. At times as we busy ourselves in other tasks unrelated to our own wellbeing and our planets, are the times that we simply forget what really matters in this big old world.

My 'Things to do' list this week:

-Write book
-Write book
-Prepare presentation for the Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival
-Write book
-Go and search for the Great Horned Owl that hoots delightfully at night.
-Write book

I leave Niagara on Feb 14th Vancouver bound. Looking foward to hanging with film people at the festival which is The event of the Winter. Check out http://www.vimff.org/
Opening night is February 11th at the Centennial Theatre at 7.30pm. I speak on the evening of Feb 15th. Hope to see some of you there.

More soon folks
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment